EBARA's entire business framework is based on a corporate culture filled with passion, dedication, and a commitment to bettering society through our core competencies.
Over the 100 years of EBARA’s existence, we have strived to maintain the values established by our founding spirit that emphasizes conducting business in a fashion that fosters trust with all stakeholders.
We espouse a responsible approach to corporate citizenship that is in line with EBARA’s values and focuses on the positive impact of our global enterprise on the world. Our approach is structured in the following way, placing emphasis on each tier in a way that leverages the core competencies of our employees and company.
We call the top three elements the Ebara Way. The EBARA Way is the unchanging ideals that set EBARA employees apart. Regardless of which business segment or where in the world you are doing business, EBARA is committed to acting with passion and dedication in accordance with the Founding Spirit to fulfill our Corporate Philosophy while acting in line with our CSR policy.
Passion and Dedication:“Both the employees and company shall strive for growth with passion and dedication to bring forth originality and ingenuity, rather than simply fulfilling the task at hand. When working with passion and dedication there is nothing that cannot be communicated to others” – Issey Hatakeyama, Founder of EBARA CORPORATION”
"Netsu to Makoto" (Passion and Dedication) attributes accountability to all employees in fulfilling their tasks, and calls on EBARA people to approach their job with a passion and dedication that brings forth ingenuity and originality. The spirit is part of our DNA and asserts that genuine passion and dedication in any dealings with others will always be recognized and valued.
Day of Reconfirming Basic Principles for Action
We make March 23 every year the "Day of Reconfirming Basic Principles for Action".
On March 23, 2000, it was found that wastewater containing dioxin had been discharged for many years due to misconnection of the drainpipe attached to the in-house waste disposal incinerator installed in the Fujisawa Plant, Ebara Corporation.
We sincerely apologize for the fact that, as a company with a corporate philosophy of contributing to environmental preservation, we have caused such an accident, and brought terrible uneasiness to local residents, and inconvenience to a large number of stakeholders around us.
The waste disposal incinerator was dismantled and removed in August 2008. But at our company, this "Day of Reconfirming Basic Principles for Action" is made a day for all the officers and employees to keep in mind the seriousness of the accident, and check the work thoroughly in case this accident is forgotten for good.
We contribute to society through high quality technologies and services relating to water, air and the environment.
It is the mission of the EBARA Group to develop our core competencies, products and services to create solutions for the issues facing the world today.
By supporting the global community through our core competencies and business dealings and focusing on the environment and sustainability we hope to make the world greener and healthier for future generations.
EBARA is committed to conducting business in line with our CSR Policy. The EBARA Group’s CSR Policy consists of two parts: Ethics and Trust, each built on several underlying elements.
The Medium-Term Management Plan is a concrete plan of business activities to be undertaken so that the EBARA Group can embody the EBARA Way in society. All of the policies and fundamental concepts of the Medium-Term Management Plan are linked to the EBARA Way. Through its business activities, the EBARA Group seeks to fulfill its social responsibilities.
THE E-Plan is the core of the Management Policy and is created every 3 years.
Our Company Regulations are clear guidelines that define how we function. These include the determinations of various responsibilities and authorities of each department and person in charge, as well as clear and concise rules.
The EBARA Group Code of Conduct sets the standard for directors and employees of the EBARA Group to exercise sound judgement, carry out their work, and take responsibility for their actions in compliance with laws and internal regulations, always maintaining a high standard of ethics and pride.
Appendix: Five Basic Principles for Action
Whenever we act, we check our conduct against the following five principles:
As a member of the EBARA Group, we seek to achieve sustainable society through fans and blowers manufactured for a broad range of industrial sectors and applications. Our operating principle is to contribute to society through superior technologies and high quality services for applications involving water, air, and the environment.
In light of their importance to conserving the ecosystems that underlie all economic activity, we pursue quality control and environmental management activities as outlined below.
(1) We seek to clearly identify the organizations and functions involved in quality control and environmental management across all processes, ranging from order receipt through product design, manufacture, shipping, incidental services, and disposal. We conduct each related operation both rationally and economically.
(2) We seek to develop products and services that contribute to sustainable resource use and ideas that help solve society’s challenges, keeping in mind at all times the goals of high efficiency and reuse.
(3) We strive to reduce our environmental impact, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and fight climate change through energy conservation, resource conservation, waste reductions, reduction of non-compliant products, pollution prevention, and recycling. To advance these policies, we have established and maintain an ISO 9001 quality management system and an ISO 14001 environmental management system to further the following efforts.
(4) We strive to improve performance, in addition to continual improvements in management systems, by setting and reviewing quality targets and environmental targets.
(5) We ensure full compliance with legal requirements and the terms of other obligations and covenants.
(6) We disclose information on this Policy to all stakeholders and take a proactive approach to communication to ensure the Policy is fully understood and implemented as we strive to strengthen society’s trust.
January 6, 2020
Representative Director, Ebara Fan & Blower Co., Ltd.
Director, Suzuka District, Ebara Corporation